- This event has passed.
DU Virtual Career & Internship Fair
November 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
We are going Virtual!
Students should attend this fair to connect with employers around the state of Michigan and beyond. Once registered, students can reserve slots to meet with employers 1:1 via Video chats through Handshake.
How do I participate?
The Fair will be hosted through Handshake’s Virtual Career Fair platform that offers students and employers short one-on-one video calls throughout the event
- Register for the Career Fair by clicking the “Register” button above
- Sign up for 1:1 Sessions with your target employers and others that are hiring students with your skillset (Career Services recommends every student schedule at least 8 sessions).
How do I prepare?
- Upload your resume to your Handshake “Documents” and mark it “visible” to employers
- Use your resume to complete your profile or complete it manually
- Employers will be creating new schedules leading up to the Fair, so make sure you check attendees regularly leading up to the fair
- Do your research and come prepared with questions
Day of the Fair:
- Log into your account via the Handshake mobile app or a desktop/laptop. In case you experience technical issues, it may be wise to have both ready.
- Test your video and audio prior to the start of the Fair
- Dress code is Business Professional (head-to-toe)
- Join your virtual 10-minute sessions on-time. Pay close attention to back-to-back sessions as not to be late.
- It is always wise to follow-up with the employers you meet after the event. Send them a message in Handshake or email them directly if they provide contact information.
Please have a resume uploaded to Handshake and have your Handshake profile completed. This information will be shared with employers before, during, and after the Fair.