Alumni Success Story: Zachary Rybiski, BBA ’20

Zac Rybiski

Zachary Rybiski, BBA ’20, just graduated in April but he’s already landed a job at Perrigo Company plc. in Germany as a financial planning & analyst controller. Throughout his education, Rybiski worked internships and credits his experiential learning, along with some great instructors, for giving him a competitive edge when going on interviews.

What is the most fulfilling aspect of working for Perrigo?

It is really fulfilling knowing that the company I work for is making a huge difference in the world. During COVID-19, they donated a total of $616,000 in financials and products to community partners that were suffering. Perrigo also responded to the low supply in hand sanitizer and donated 500,000 bottles to hospitals, medical and first responder personnel.

Have there been some innovative projects or initiatives you’ve been a part of in your job?

Currently, in my position I am working on new templates for the financials that will be presented to corporate. I also have a large responsibility in creating the MBR & QBR that will be presented to corporate. Following these projects, I am always involved in implementing process improvements to our files to make business more efficient.

What prepared you most for this job?

My internships and my time at Davenport University prepared me for my current position. During my first three years at Davenport, I interned at Robert Bosch, LLC as a logistics and product management intern – I got practical experience right from the beginning of my college career. During my senior year at Davenport, I accepted an internship at Perrigo working as a corporate FP&A intern. This internship provided me tremendous opportunities in financial planning with Perrigo. I would not have been able to be successful in my internships and my current career without my Davenport education. The professors were amazing in teaching practical knowledge on how to perform finance and accounting; if it weren’t for them, I’m not sure I would be where I am today.

What piece of advice would you give a 2020 graduate who is entering the workforce today?

Do not wait for opportunities but seek opportunities. Prove to companies that you are interested in them. I reached out to Perrigo Germany’s HR department on LinkedIn and explained how I enjoyed interning at Perrigo, learning about their mission and culture, and shared my interest in working abroad. They were impressed by my initiative and they found a position that fit my background.