DU alumna recognized as one of Metro Detroit’s emerging leaders

Randi OlsonDavenport University alumna Randi Olson has been recognized with a Vanguard Award by Detroit Young Professionals. She is one of 11 emerging leaders in Metro Detroit who will be recognized at the 7th annual Vanguard Awards event on Wednesday, Oct. 25.

“I feel honored and privileged to be recognized among such inspiring young leaders,” Olson, a forensic accounting manager at Rehmann Corporate Investigative Services, said. “I’m simply a person who is progressing well through my career and participating in two volunteer organizations that bring me great joy. It is truly an honor and a privilege to be recognized this year.”

Olson earned her bachelor’s degree in Accounting Fraud Investigation at Davenport University, taking classes at the campuses in Livonia and Warren to complete her forensic accounting degree.

“The time I spent as a work-study at the Davenport University – Livonia Campus allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills more rapidly, which I believe gave me a competitive advantage over my peers,” she said.

The Vanguard Awards profiles the efforts of young professionals and entrepreneurs growing and excelling in their respective fields, and influence growth, prosperity and quality of life in Metro Detroit. These recipients — who demonstrate the ability to positively impact the area long-term through professional accomplishments and community involvement — are chosen through a non-biased peer-selection process.

Olson works as a forensic accounting manager at Rehmann Corporate Investigative Services. She also is an auxiliary police officer with the City of Hazel Park and a volunteer firefighter with the City of Troy.

“Civic engagement is important to me because it allows me the opportunity to not only diversify my skill set, but to be a part of something much bigger than myself,” Olson said in her profile published on the Vanguard Awards site.

“Volunteering as a police officer and firefighter allows me to have the best of both worlds. I am the only female patrol officer in the City of Hazel park and the only active female volunteer firefighter in the City of Troy. I believe my participation in these organizations provides a venue to inspire others, especially young women who are interested in a career in public safety.”

Comments

No Responses