Last Thursday, Davenport University received the Community Builder Award at the 2017 Greater Ottawa County United Way Celebration! This award was presented to organizations that met the following criteria during the annual fundraising campaign:
- An increase of employee giving over the previous year
- At least $175 average employee gift
- 50% or more participation in campaign giving
- Employee volunteer involvement (with United Way internally, Day of Caring, or corporate volunteer projects)
- Three or more employees giving at the Lighthouse Leadership Circle level ($500+)
DU was formally recognized alongside four other Ottawa County organizations for leadership in community engagement and philanthropy! Thanks to Holland Campus Director Greg Foster for accepting the award on Davenport’s behalf!