Keeping their winning streak strong, the W.A. Lettinga DECA team took home six first-place, three second-place, and one third-place award along with eight finalist medals at state competition in Grand Rapids last weekend!
Davenport’s commitment to real-world, hands-on learning and the DU Excellence System competencies helped the team create and present viable solutions in case studies and role plays that impressed the judges and helped them shut out 200 strong competitors from Michigan State, U of M, Kettering, Central Michigan University, and Northwood University among others.
This year marks the fourth year in a row the W.A. Lettinga DECA team has also won the service challenge by collecting over 400 items to make care packages for soldiers overseas! Additionally, 19 DU alumni and employees served as judges and coordinators for the day’s events, promoting DU’s commitment to community and quality!
Congratulations to everyone on a job well done!
First Place Awards
- Breanna Wallace & Jaymie Puskarich – Event Planning
- Drew Boatright & Graham Sniesak – Financial Statement Analysis
- Dylan Kichak – Accounting
- Zac Lingen – Retail Management
Second Place Awards
- Drew Boatright – Accounting
- Tessa Weidenfeller & Mackenzie Bell – Business to Business Marketing
- Third Place Awards
- Zac Lingen – Sales Management Meeting
Top 5 Finalists
- Austin Sirowatka & Christian Sirowatka – Emerging Technology Marketing Strategies
Top 8 Finalists
- Dylan Kichak & Larissa Karimwabo – Business to Business Marketing
- Jaymie Puskarich – Retail Management
- Larissa Karimwabo – Hotel & Lodging Marketing/Management
- Nolan Kinchsular – Sales Management Meeting
- Paul Chittenden – Retail Management