Alumni Success Story: Sande Gross ’10

We are proud to feature Sande Gross as our Alumni Success Spotlight this week. As a determined, part time student, Sande earned her BBA in Management from DU in 2010. Between working full time, raising a family, sending her children off to college, and planning her daughters’ weddings, Sande had a lot on her plate. Sande knew going back to school would help her get a better job and move up in her company. She had tried different colleges and universities, but they didn’t have the flexibility like DU did. “I liked the structure at Davenport. I enjoyed taking one online seven week course at a time. It helped me get through my program faster while allowing me to focus on the course content, and still have balance in my personal life,” stated Sande.

Her  hard  work  and  dedication  paid  off!    Sande  was  promoted  from an  Office Manager role in 2013 to Firm Administrative Manager at Plante Moran based in the Grand Rapids office. Her new role has expanded with more responsibility and oversight. She is currently responsible for managing more than 19 office and facility managers in 3 states in 17 different offices. She also assists with managing and developing the training and continual professional development for new and existing office managers and administrative staff firm wide.  When Sande is not at work or traveling, she enjoys spending time with her family, especially with her four grandsons. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and traveling with friends.